Monday, May 6, 2013

Unfinished Business…Pick yourself up , dust off, and do it again!



This is the first BLOG of 2013 for me.  First of all, it is not because I didn’t have anything to say, but for some reason, there have been so many distractions that have kept me from doing what I love to do, which is TO WRITE.  Well, I am BACK! Sure it is May.  It is Spring, and it is five whole months into a new year, but I am thankful that I found the time and energy to start back what I began a year ago. 
Have you ever thought about all the things we have that we take for granted?  So many people are lacking things, yet we are blessed in so many ways.  I have been reflecting on that thought for the last few days because even when I think I am at my worst, someone else may be facing something much greater.   For that reason, I am attempting to not look at things with such scrutiny and doubt in my own life.
Everything that happens to us is for reason. It may not be clear to us at that moment, but in time, we can understand the purpose. Sometimes a delay or distraction is not dismissal or denial of our goals or plans.  We, as human beings, have a natural tendency to try plan and execute things in our lives that God has already divinely planned for His purpose and glory. 
I have a lot of what I call “unfinished business” that I would like to do. I have blogged on topics that deal with time management and reaching goals, but I am guilty of starting a project and not finishing it. Guess what? I often blame it on time management.   I can recall a quote that states “What is not started today, cannot be finished tomorrow”~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.  The fact that I started is most important, not the fact that it is not complete.  So the goal now becomes revisiting what was started. 
One of my favorite people in history is Booker T. Washington. Born a slave who faced so many obstacles, he still sought and received an education, despite his circumstances. He could have easily given up. He could have created his own “unfinished business”, but that was not in the plan for his life.  Mr. Washington was a true believer in perseverance and hard work. His life and teachings were able to instill attitudes of strong work ethics and excellence to a generation after slavery ended in America.  Much of what he taught was inclined to reaching goals despite the obstacles one faces in life. 
So if you have some unfinished business lurking over you right now  that you want to complete, do what I plan to do. Pick yourself up, dust off, and do it again, or better yet, finish it.  The time and energy that I personally put into talking about it can equate time and energy in finishing the final product.  Do not let the delays or distractions become a dismissal of something you want to do.  Nike said it well, JUST DO IT! GOD said it even better in Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me”. Take that statement and make what was unfinished into COMPLETED.
~Dr. Sunshine
May 6, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment