Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Everything has Its Own Season…



In a few more weeks, the air will become cooler, the days will start getting shorter, and the crisp smell of Fall will be in the air. There is beauty in every season: Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.  When I think of new seasons, I am always reminded of the scripture from Ecclesiastes 3:1:  “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”  Just like as we think of the upcoming Fall season, things such as football games and school starting back, life too has its seasons.  There are times when we think that certain events should happen in our lives at specific times. For example, we may think, well I am almost _xnumber years old, so it is time for me to get married. Or we may think I have been on this job for xnumber of years, and it is time for me to get a promotion or even find a new career.  It is very hard to retrain our minds to think in the realm of allowing God to determine the moves we need in each season of our lives.  So many times, I personally have taken matters into my own hands by changing, rearranging, or even eliminating things and people in my life because I thought it was time. We are all guilty of making choices that affect us in so many ways, but if we had just waited to allow OUR seasons to come, the right and appropriate actions would take place.  I remember hearing a preacher say once, “Let Go and Let God”.  That simple statement is so profound because if we would just let go of trying to control our own destinies, and allow God to have complete control, so many things would happen for us.  I would love to live my life with no regrets, but I know that as a human, we do have our tendency to take that steering wheel and drive our own vehicles of life. Isn’t it great that God is the BEST GPS system on the market? He is never inaccurate; he always knows the right and best direction, and most importantly HE is free. There is no charge to buy HIS GPS product.  In talking with my daughter the other day, we had a long discussion on how and why things happen in life to some and not to others. She was concerned with her own future and how at times, she becomes frustrated with the choices and direction of where she should go in life. There are so many career choices that make her generation a little indecisive on what to do now.  I had to remind her that it is okay to not have all the answers. In fact, when we rely on God for HIS direction, it makes things so much easier on us.  Her concern was that many of her friends knew what they wanted and how they were going to get it. This quote by an unknown author came to my mind, so I had to share it with her:  Every beautiful flower does not bloom at the same time. Everything has its own season.  This statement sums it up for me. How bare would a beautiful garden look if every flower bloomed at the same time?  That means the flowers would wilt and expire at the same time too. So the fact that God knew to allow flowers to bloom  at different times as they do, so it should be with us. We all will have our seasons in life in which God allows us to [Bloom] or  fulfill all HE has planned for us.  So the next time you are a little down about things not going the way you think it should go, just remember:  Every beautiful flower does not bloom at the same time. Everything has its own season.  Let’s enjoy our seasons in life.  It makes life so much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment